What to Bring to Your Appointment

Please ensure that you have everything required to complete your tax return by referring to our handy check-list.  This will both expedite your return without delay as well as assist us to keep our fees as low as possible as additional appointments could result in additional fees.

Please contact us for:

  • Rental Income deductions worksheet
  • Small Business deductions worksheet
  • Home Daycare business worksheet

For Personal Returns:

  • Letter authorizing Rose Tax Service to process your return if someone is attending appointment on your behalf
  • If you are filing a return for someone you have power of attorney for, we need a copy of the power of attorney for property
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN) and all T4's or Net Income for all the dependants you are claiming
  • All income slips T4's, OAS, CPP, T5, T3, etc
  • Foreign income including foreign pensions and interest from foreign accounts
  • GAINS/LOSS summary from investors - There is an additional $30 fee for having to track down this information from investor
  • RRSP receipts
  • Spousal & Child support payments either paid or received, along with supporting documents ie court order, copies of cashed cheques, etc
  • Employment expenses totalled accompanied by Declaration of conditions of Employment (T2200) signed by employer (mileage log required for vehicle expenses)
  • TL2 signed by employer if claiming Transport Employment Meal Allowance
  • Teachers/Educators Expense list – added up along with a signed employers Certification 
  • Moving expenses if over 40 kms closer to new employment or schooling
  • Tuition T2202A (must download from the school's student portal / web-site, these slips are generally no longer mailed to students)
  • If tuition is being transferred from child or grandchild - T2202A with 2nd page signed by the student, along with the students net income
  • Medical receipts must exceed 3 % of income to be a deductible expense. A year end summary may be obtained from pharmacy / dental / chiro etc to assist in tallying of receipts. Don't forget that additional travel insurance can be used as a medical expense.
  • Charitable donations (may accumulate for 5 years)
  • Property taxes or rent
  • A cheque or Direct Deposit info form from bank to set up new or change in direct deposit
  • If principal residence is sold during 2016 or later tax years, you will need to report the year the property was purchased and selling price

For Estate Returns:

  • Estate Trust Returns are due March 31
  • A copy of the Death Certificate & Will